Colorado Traffic Offense Lawyer
Facing Traffic Crimes Charges in Colorado? Time is NOT on Your Side.
Most traffic offenses are classified as infractions (no imprisonment and fines up to $750) or class C misdemeanors, (maximum imprisonment of 90 days and fines up to $750). Some traffic offenses, such as drunk driving, are classified as more serious offenses which have the possibility of longer terms of imprisonment and higher fines. That’s why you need Weber Law. We understand the implications of these charges and will mount an aggressive legal defense to have the charges dropped or reduced.
Types of Colorado Traffic Crimes Charges
Driving a car is an easy way to get around, but it can lead to trouble when you are cited for a traffic violation. In Colorado, there are two main misdemeanor traffic offenses. Class 1misdemeanor traffic offenses, and Class 2 misdemeanor traffic offenses. While these do not encompass all of the traffic offenses, they are the most common that the general public are cited and charged with.
CLASS 1 MISDEMEANOR TRAFFIC OFFENSE
Speeding in a construction zone is one of the most common class 1 misdemeanor citations. Others include but are not limited to:
- Careless Driving
- Engaging in Speed Contests
- Accidents involving death or personal injuries
- Compulsory Insurance (driving without insurance)
- Interference with official devices
- School bus infractions (i.e., not stopping for a school bus)
CLASS 2 MISDEMEANOR TRAFFIC OFFENSE
Speeding 25 mph or more not in a construction zone is the most common class 2 misdemeanor traffic offense. Others include but are not limited to:
- Driving without a license
- Unlawful possession or use of a license
- False applications made during a period of suspension or revocation
- Driving under restraint (driving without a license)
- Failure to surrender permit or license to the Court
- Mandatory surrender of license or permit for driving under the influence
WHAT IS THE PENALTY?
For class 1 misdemeanor traffic offenses in the state of Colorado the penalty can be 10 days to 12 months’ imprisonment and a fine of $300 to $1,0000, or both.
For class 2 misdemeanor traffic offenses in the state of Colorado the penalty can be 10-90 days in jail, and a fine of $150 to $300, or both.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE BEEN CITED FOR A TRAFFIC OFFENSE?
It can be a scary and stressful to have pending criminal charges. Weber Law is here to walk you through the process and defend you every step of the way. Weber Law will work to get your ticket dismissed or lowered by looking at potential defenses and any evidence associated with the citation. If you are not sure how to proceed with a ticket, let Weber Law give you the next steps. Let Weber Law help keep your driving record clean and get you back on the road. If you or someone you know have been cited for a traffic offense, whether class 1 misdemeanor or class 2 misdemeanor, contact Weber Law today for a consultation.
- CRS 42-4-1402 – Careless Driving
- CRS 42-4-1601(2)(a)- Accidents involving death or personal injuries
- CRS 42-4-1105(1)(c)- Speed Contests
- CRS 42-4-1101(12)(b)- Speed Limits
- CRS 42-2-101(10)- License Required
- CRS 42-2-132(3)- Period of Suspension or revocation
- CRS 42-2-138(1)(f)- Driving under restraint
- CRS 42-2-136(6)(a)- Unlawful possession or use of a license
- CRS 42-4-1701- Traffic offenses and infractions classified-penalties- penalty and surcharge schedule- repeal
- CRS 42-2-124(1)(a)- Failure to surrender permit or license to the court
- CRS 42-2-129- Mandatory surrender of license or permit for driving under the influence
- CRS 42-4-1903(6)(b)- School buses
- CRS 42-4-507 (2)(b)- Interference with official devices
Tom Weber Can Get Colorado Traffic Crimes Charges Dropped or Reduced
If you’ve been arrested on traffic crimes charges, the time to act is NOW. You need a seasoned attorney by your side. Tom Weber is that attorney. Mr. Weber has had thousands of charges reduced or dropped in Utah. He tirelessly fights for every client and will navigate Utah’s complex criminal justice system on your behalf.
Call Weber Law today. We’ll deliver the aggressive defense you deserve and fight to prevent you from having a traffic crimes conviction that could ruin your life and rob you of your freedom.
If you’ve been arrested for a traffic crime in Colorado, call attorney Tom Weber right now at (801) 845-0349 for a free, confidential case evaluation.
A Denver, Colorado Criminal Defense Attorney Can Help You
Weber Law will aggressively fight for your rights. Contact us today!
We believe that justice is an idea that can triumph only when living people make it so. We are dedicated to justice. We wish to run a business that is at once profitable while allowing us to promote the rights of our fellow community members. We will stand for the poor when they are in need and their cause is just. We will work for any responsible business. We will represent all races, creeds, religions, sexes, sexual orientations, and backgrounds.
1777 S Harrison St. Ste 450 Denver, CO 80210