Colorado DUI Attorney
Facing DUI Charges in Colorado? Call Weber Law Now!
If you’ve been charged with driving under the influence in Utah, you don’t have a moment to lose. A DUI conviction can wreak havoc with your life. You can lose your driving privileges, which impacts your ability to hold a job. You can lose your standing in the community. You can even face jail time and stiff fines. That’s why you should call Weber Law. We have the experience to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family, potentially having the charges reduced or dropped. We’ll be by your side every step of the way and guide you toward a favorable result.
Colorado DUI Charges and Penalties
- In Colorado you are considered “under the influence” with a blood or breath alcohol content of .08 or greater.
- You can still be charged with DUI even if your test result comes back below .080.
- You can and will be charged with a DUI if you refuse to submit to a chemical test while showing signs or indicia of impairment or being under the influence
- You are guilty of DUI if you are substantially incapable of operating a motor vehicle safely
- Colorado is a no tolerance state. You will be arrested and charged for DWAI if you have a blood or breath alcohol content between .050 and .079
- You can still be charged with DWAI even if your test result comes back below .050.
- If an officer believes that your ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired to the slightest degree as ordinarily capable, you will be charged with driving while ability impaired
- There is no separate statute for DUID – the DUI statute covers drugs, alcohol or a combination of both. DUID is actually a made up term as you will be charged with DUI if you are suspected of driving under the influence of drugs.
- The state must prove that you operated a motor vehicle while under the influence or that you were impaired to the slightest degree. Colorado recently approved a permissible inference limit for THC or Marijuana of 5ng. The current limit is 5 ng/100ml of blood of the active metabolite in THC (Delta-9). You can still be charged with a DUI even if your test results are below the 5ng permissible inference level or if you have a combination of drugs and alcohol in your system or you are suspected of being under the influence of other drugs, including prescription and OTC drugs.
- You can and will be charged with a DUID if you refuse to submit to a chemical test while showing signs or indicia of impairment of being under the influence of drugs.
- It is illegal for any person under the age of twenty-one to operate a motor vehicle with a blood or breath content of .020% or greater. A BAC between .020% and .049% will result in the person being charged with UDD (underage drinking and driving).
- Underage Drinking and Driving is a Class A Traffic infraction that carries the loss of your license among other penalties.
- Minors will be prosecuted the same as adults for BACs at or above .050%.
** Blood alcohol level is expressed in grams of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood or grams of alcohol per 210 liters of breath.
Beating Colorado DUI Charges
Often, fighting Colorado DUI charges involves entering into a plea agreement for the lesser charge of impaired driving. A plea bargain can reduce the conviction from a DUI to impaired driving. In an impaired driving plea, the charges are reduced to a misdemeanor as long as you complete court-ordered probation requirements like screening, education, or substance abuse treatment.
However, Weber Law can also mount a defense in order to get the DUI charges dropped completely. A defense may include:
- Arguing that the arresting officer did not have cause to pull you over
- Contending that the blood alcohol test was conducted improperly, thus invalidating the result
- Maintaining that a medical condition you have mimics symptoms of impairment
- Asserting that the field sobriety test was improperly administered
Weber Law Can Get Colorado DUI Charges Dropped or Reduced
If you’ve been arrested on DUI charges, the time to act is NOW. You need an attorney with a successful track record by your side. We have had thousands of charges against our clients reduced or dropped. We fight for you and will be by your side every step of the way.
Call Weber Law today. We’ll deliver the aggressive defense you deserve and fight to prevent you from having a DUI conviction that could ruin your life.
If you’ve been arrested for a DUI in Colorado, call Weber Law immediately at (801) 845-0349 for a free, confidential case evaluation.
A Denver, Colorado Criminal Defense Attorney Can Help You
Weber Law will aggressively fight for your rights. Contact us today!
We believe that justice is an idea that can triumph only when living people make it so. We are dedicated to justice. We wish to run a business that is at once profitable while allowing us to promote the rights of our fellow community members. We will stand for the poor when they are in need and their cause is just. We will work for any responsible business. We will represent all races, creeds, religions, sexes, sexual orientations, and backgrounds.
1777 S Harrison St. Ste 450 Denver, CO 80210